They're now an important part of a team of severe weather spotters.
A group of local residents took part in the National Weather Service's spotter class.
The three-hour class is held at the Alachua County Health Department auditorium.
The classes teach residents life-saving information and show pictures and diagrams of the early stages for severe storms.
Click here to visit the National Weather Service website, or go to www.weather.gov.
- Skywarn Weather Spotter Training
- 2pm Tropical Storm Andrea Update
- List of Road Closures from Tropical Storm Debby
- Red Cross Opens Shelters for Storm Victims
- Storm Victims Urged to Call FEMA
- State Insurance Fund Stronger Now for Storm Season
- CFO Sink Establishes Storm Phone Line in Advance of Severe Weather
- Severe Storms Roll Through North Central Florida
- Gainesville Residents Clean Up Damage From Severe Storms
- More Storm Damage Clean Up