Traffic Stop Leads To Drug Bust
It started as a simple traffic stop, but ended up as a drug bust.
After unscrewing panels and removing a makeshift shelf inside a van, Alachua County Sheriff's officers found what they were looking for: more than 10 pounds of marijuana hidden in a secret compartment.
Deputies said they could smell the marijuana when they first pulled over three men for tailgating another vehicle heading south on I-75 on Friday.
Deputies also found more than four thousand dollars in cash.
Diosdado Cabello, Didier Castro, and Omar Ortega are charged with possession with intent to distribute.
The men told officers they were farmers, traveling from Kentucky to Miami.
They said they did not own the van and didn't know the drugs were there.
- Routine traffic stop leads to three arrested in drug bust
- Traffic Stop Drug Bust
- Traffic Stop Ends in Massive Drug Bust
- High Springs Traffic Stop Leads To Chase & Arrest
- Cray Arrested After Traffic Stops Reveals Drugs
- Deputies Find Stash Of Drugs During Traffic Stop
- Gainesville Man Arrested on Drug Charges Following Traffic Stop
- Traffic Stop Yields Stolen Drugs
- Belleview Drug Bust Leads to Nine Arrests
- Removal Of ASO Traffic Unit Leads To Less Traffic Tickets Being Issued