Traffic Stop Leads To Drug Bust
It started as a simple traffic stop, but ended up as a drug bust.
After unscrewing panels and removing a makeshift shelf inside a van, Alachua County Sheriff's officers found what they were looking for: more than 10 pounds of marijuana hidden in a secret compartment.
Deputies said they could smell the marijuana when they first pulled over three men for tailgating another vehicle heading south on I-75 on Friday.
Deputies also found more than four thousand dollars in cash.
Diosdado Cabello, Didier Castro, and Omar Ortega are charged with possession with intent to distribute.
The men told officers they were farmers, traveling from Kentucky to Miami.
They said they did not own the van and didn't know the drugs were there.
- Traffic Stop Ends in Massive Drug Bust
- Gainesville Man Arrested on Drug Charges Following Traffic Stop
- Traffic Stop Yields Stolen Drugs
- Deputies Find Stash Of Drugs During Traffic Stop
- Cray Arrested After Traffic Stops Reveals Drugs
- Belleview Drug Bust Leads to Nine Arrests
- Removal Of ASO Traffic Unit Leads To Less Traffic Tickets Being Issued
- Once again, Zimmerman pulled over in traffic stop
- Driver, Two Passengers Attempt To Flee During Routine Traffic Stop
- FHP Seizes 89 Pounds of Marijuana During Traffic Stop