Construction Begins On New Super Walmart
Construction has begun on the new Walmart Supercenter in northwest Gainesville.
Crews with Southeastern Surveyors were working at the 33-acre construction site, which is across from the Gainesville/Alachua County Senior Recreational Center on northwest 34th Street.
Crew members said they were surveying the ground underneath to ensure there were no water or communication lines in the way of traffic poles that will be placed there.
They said they hoped to finish Tuesday. The next step will be for engineers to determine the exact placement for the traffic poles.
Walmart purchased the land in northwest Gainesville for $6.2 million after six years of negotiations.
Construction is expected to be completed within the year.
- New Walmart Super Center Construction to Begin
- Gainesville Ranks 7th on a list of New Foreclosure Capitals
- Northwest Gainesville Road Construction Frustrates Drivers
- Super Walmart Center Boon to East Gainesville Economy
- Fire at Wood Resource Recovery Site Limits Visibility in Northwest Gainesville
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight
- Florida Cancer Specialists begins work on new facility
- More changes for Northwest 8th construction project
- Gainesville Apartment Scam
- Super Fit Seniors