Fatal Explosion at Horse Farm
An explosion inside a hyper- baric chamber in ocala leaves one woman dead and another woman severely injured.
Authorities say it was a huge explosion inside a hyperbaric chamber which is used to help heal horses after surgery.
It happened at the Kesmarc Farm and Rehabilitation Center Friday morning. Authorities say that a horse was inside the chamber and began kicking, removing the protective plastic around on of his hooves. The horse then kicked the steel wall, causing the spark that ignited the explosion. Erica Marshall, 28, died instantly and 33-year-old Sorcha Moneley was flown to Shands and was undergoing surgery.
- Sheriff's Results from Horse Ranch Explosion
- Funeral Services for Horse Rehab Center Explosion Victim
- Increase at Horse Rescue Farms
- Two More Ocala-Area Farms Linked To Horse Virus
- Horse Found Burned in a Marion County Farm
- Prison Horse Farm Denied Funding
- Horses Taken from Rescue Farm
- Weapons, Explosives Found in Dorm at UCF
- Massive Explosions Rock Central Fla. Gas Plant
- What Caused the Texas Fertilizer Explosion? An Expert Weighs In