Football Coach Facing Trial
A former Bradford High football coach will stand trial in Las Vegas, but not on murder charges.
Prosecutors announced yesterday they are reducing the charges against Benjamin Hawkins to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
Hawkins is accused of punching 46-year-old John Massie in a casino. Massie dropped, and his death was attributed to a blow to the head.
Hawkins claimed Massie was being aggressive and made a racial slur to him.
He will stand trial on a charge that could get him probation or up to four years in prison.
- Ex Football Coach Pleads Not Guilty
- Two men arrested for sexual assault
- Man arrested after trying to strangle his girlfriend
- High speed chase leads to manhunt
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup- Week Three
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Arrests 10 In "Operation Spring Cleaning"
- Starke Elementary Back Open After 6 Months
- Santa Fe Student Dies In Wreck On 301