Football Coach Facing Trial
A former Bradford High football coach will stand trial in Las Vegas, but not on murder charges.
Prosecutors announced yesterday they are reducing the charges against Benjamin Hawkins to a charge of involuntary manslaughter.
Hawkins is accused of punching 46-year-old John Massie in a casino. Massie dropped, and his death was attributed to a blow to the head.
Hawkins claimed Massie was being aggressive and made a racial slur to him.
He will stand trial on a charge that could get him probation or up to four years in prison.
- Ex Football Coach Pleads Not Guilty
- Bradford County Man Arrested for Threatening Children
- Former Bradford County Coach Serving Time in One- Punch Death
- Ocala Residents Facing Increased Electric Bills
- Gainesville Woman Facing Child Neglect Charges
- Gainesville Man Faces Sexual Battery Charges
- Woman Punches Child in Face
- Gator Swim Club Coach Faces Child Sex Charges
- Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Faces Second Trial
- Fight at Bradford Co. High School