Has the bullying gone too far?
One parent is speaking out about a problem at Dixie County High School she says has gone on too long - bullying.
Deleah Whitfield is pulling her daughter out of school because other students have verbally abused her.
Her daughter was hesitant to report the bullying because she was afraid it would get worse for her at school.
Whitfield went to the school board but she says they haven't taken enough action to stop the bullying.
Watch the video for more on what the school is doing to remedy the problem.
For more ways to stop bullying, visit the National Voices for Equality Education and Enlightenment website: www.nveee.org.
Dixie County Schools also has a hotline to call to anonymously report bullying: 352.498.6130.
- Did A Dad Go Too Far When He Allegedly Threatened his Daughter's Bullies?
- Bronson Middle/High School bullying
- Celebration of Life Lost Too Soon at Newberry High School
- Dixie County's Aaron Thomas and Shaquille Mitchem Win High School Play of the Year Day 3!
- Dixie County's Kyle Lamar Wins Week 9 High School Play Of The Week!
- Four Cases of Swine Flu Confirmed at Dixie County High School
- Anti-bullying rally helps combat bullying
- Gainesville Police Say One Nightclub Has Too Much Crime
- Celebrating Education: Morning Announcements Gone High Tech
- Sports Overtime: High School Football Roundup