Leap Day Baby
She is only going to have a birthday every four years.
But at least one child born on this Leap Day will be celebrating her birthday twice a year.
Weighing about 5 pounds and measuring close to 17 inches, Shylah Sincere Ivey was one of four babies born on Leap Day, Wednesday at Shands.
Mom, Courtney Walden, went into delivery around 10 p.m. Tuesday, and delivered Shylah at 2:10 a.m. on Wednesday.
The proud parents said they knew Leap Day was coming up -- and even though it was a week before their original due date -- they hoped they'd make it.
They said they will celebrate Shylah's birthday on March 1, but on Leap Years Shylah will get two birthdays.
The couple also have a toddler, Jeremiah.
He was born last year, also in February.
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- 14-Pound Baby Born to Keystone Heights Couple At UF Health Shands
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- $415M expansion for Gainesville hospital set to begin
- Hospital program uses the arts to help patients
- Baby With Rare Form Of Leukemia On Remission
- Family Welcomes the First Baby of 2015
- UF Health Shands Named Baby Friendly Hospital
- 15 Year Old Severely Injured in Raceway Crash
- Pickin' For Kaedyn, Helping 3-Year-Old Leukemia Patient