Lending the Blind a Helping Hand
They volunteer their time helping others out of the dark. A group of volunteers at the Florida Center for the Blind are teaching and encouraging others to live normal lives. From arts and crafts to learning brail the group of volunteers teach other blind students new skills.
There is a state and national quest by Home Instead Senior Care to "Salute Senior Service" for the hand they lend their community. The contest is accepting nominations for outstanding senior citizens from now until March 15th. Fifty State winners and one national winner will be introduced during Old Americans Month when $5,000 will be donated to the national winner's charity of choice. Nominees must be 65 years of age or older and volunteer at least 15 hours a month. Visit www.SaluteSeniorService.com to nominate someone.
- Deputies Lend a Helping Hand
- Salvation Army Lends Hand To Debby Victims
- ARC Center Gets a Helping Hand
- Fla. Man Lends Car To Stranger, Claims Carjacking
- Alachua County Council of the Blind
- Blind Wine Chick
- Florida Center for the Blind Celebrates National White Cane Day
- Preventing Blindness Caused By Diabetes
- Blind Man Beaten
- Jay's Hands