Police Say Gainesville Man Burglarized Home While Looking For Work
He said he was looking for work, but tonight a Gainesville man is in jail, after police say he stole a bed fram while out passing business cards.
Jason Johnson was arrested Sunday by Gainesville Police Offices.
They say he was going door to door in northwest Gainesville trying to solicit business for Gainesville Tree Service.
However, police say he stole a bed frame from someone's porch.
Witnesses saw Johnson steal the frame, and drive away in a truck marked "Gainesville Tree Service" on the back window.
GPD officers contacted Johnson using one of his business cards and asked to meet with him to get an estimate on the services.
When Johnson showed up in the marked vehicle, they arrested him.
Police say Johnson confessed to stealing the bed frame, but did not say why or what it would be used for.
- Teen Dies After 50-Foot Fall While Working For Tree Service
- Police looking for burglar wearing Cat In The Hat t-shirt
- Police arrest Lake City church burglar, says could be connected to another
- Man killed at rest area while working on semi truck
- Police Say Underage Drinking Ordinance is Working
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes
- Deputies: Man Burglarizes Five Homes On His Own Street
- Man Caught Stealing Food While Residents Were Home
- Man blows up home and burns himself while making meth
- Man says he was looking for missing friend when he found dead body