Unions Thank Senator Oelrich For Anti-Prison Privatization Stance
Politics makes strange bedfellows. In this case, labor unions and a Republican state senator.
A press conference was called Tuesday by the Frateranal Order of Police and the AFLCIO to thank Senator Steve Oelrich for maintaining his position against privatizing state prisons.
Senate Bill 2038 has the support of Gov. Rick Scott.
Oelrich staff members say the senator has resisted pressure from within his party to support the legislation.
They say they have received more than two thousand e-mails supporting the senator's stance since last Wednesday.
- Senate Kills Prison Privatization Bill
- Senate Keeps Prison Privatization Alive
- FL Senator Talks Private Prisons
- Former Florida prisons chief criticizes Gov. Scott
- Prison Privatization Vote
- State Allowed to Privatize Prison Healthcare
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Governor Scott Enlists Support from Board of Education
- Scott Still Undecided on Florida University Tuition