Gainesville police are issuing a "Zombie Alert".
They aren't trying to prevent a case of "night of the living dead"... but rather "Dumb and Dumber."
Police are starting a new campaign to attack a growing problem.
They say 50 percent of vehicle burglaries happen because people simply leave their cars unlocked.
Police wanted to use zombies to urge everyone to not become complacent.
"we're hoping to utilize pop culture to reach and send a message out a strong message on crime prevention the whole idea is to secure your vehicles and not leave any items a suspect or criminal could see."
Police are spreading the word about the zombie campaign using posters and social media-- even posting the video online on Youtube.
- UF is Prepared for Zombie Attacks
- UF's Large Animal Hospital Puts Out Horse Owner Alert: "Bad EPM Drug"
- Silver Alert in Place for Missing Putnam County Man
- Amber Alert Ends in Jacksonville as Child's Body is Found
- Robberies Have Gainesville Police and Residents On Alert
- New UF Texting Alert Sees Problems, Promises
- Amber Alert
- Contractor Fraud Alert
- UF on Alert After Attempted Sexual Assault
- Parts Of Ocala Under Rabies Alert