Gainesville police are issuing a "Zombie Alert".
They aren't trying to prevent a case of "night of the living dead"... but rather "Dumb and Dumber."
Police are starting a new campaign to attack a growing problem.
They say 50 percent of vehicle burglaries happen because people simply leave their cars unlocked.
Police wanted to use zombies to urge everyone to not become complacent.
"we're hoping to utilize pop culture to reach and send a message out a strong message on crime prevention the whole idea is to secure your vehicles and not leave any items a suspect or criminal could see."
Police are spreading the word about the zombie campaign using posters and social media-- even posting the video online on Youtube.
- UF is Prepared for Zombie Attacks
- UF's Large Animal Hospital Puts Out Horse Owner Alert: "Bad EPM Drug"
- Amber Alert Ends in Jacksonville as Child's Body is Found
- Silver Alert in Place for Missing Putnam County Man
- Gilchrist County Bank of America Scam Alert
- New Alert System Available to Visually- and Hearing-Impaired
- Amber Alert Issued For A Four-Year-Old Marion County Boy
- Amber Alert
- From Amber Alert Victim to Murder Suspect
- Amber Alert Update