Animal Services Facilitiy Temporarily Evacuated
A gas line break created some major headaches for alachua county animal services this evening.
The people at Animal Services tell us a bulldozer operated by Alachua County Facilities workers apparently hit the line while performing water line repairs on the Animal Services property.
NE 53rd Ave. was temporarily shut down while crews worked to resolve the situation.
Animal Services workers had to remove all the animals from the facility--although they remained on the property until a crew from Gainesville Regional Utilities could shut off the gas line.
No one was hurt in the incident and the animals have been returned to their places inside the facility.
- Alachua County Animal Services Over Capacity
- Stopping Deadly Virus at Alachua County Animal Services
- Alachua County Animal Services gives free microchips to pets
- Adoption Screening in Alachua County
- Levy County Animal Services Takes 15 Dogs In For Animal Cruelty-- But Are Conditions Any Better There?
- National Challenge Encourages Local Shelter To Save Lives
- Missing Dogs Found at Phoenix Animal Rescue, Owners Say They Struggled to Get Them Back
- Man Wanted for Public Animal Abuse
- Emaciated Dogs Found In Newberry
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville