Animal Services Facilitiy Temporarily Evacuated
A gas line break created some major headaches for alachua county animal services this evening.
The people at Animal Services tell us a bulldozer operated by Alachua County Facilities workers apparently hit the line while performing water line repairs on the Animal Services property.
NE 53rd Ave. was temporarily shut down while crews worked to resolve the situation.
Animal Services workers had to remove all the animals from the facility--although they remained on the property until a crew from Gainesville Regional Utilities could shut off the gas line.
No one was hurt in the incident and the animals have been returned to their places inside the facility.
- Alachua County Animal Services Hosts Spring Adoption Event
- Stopping Deadly Virus at Alachua County Animal Services
- Alachua County Animal Services Over Capacity
- Alachua County Wildfire Evacuations Update
- Marion County Animal Service Needs Help
- Alachua County Hopes to Keep Animal Cruelty Convictions Up
- Memorial Service Alachua County
- Memorial Day Service in Alachua County
- Semi-Tanker Accident Temporarily Shuts Down I-75 In Columbia County
- Animal Services to Hold Open House