Bus Brawlers Plea No Contest
One by one, seven teens accused in a violent bus beating went before a Marion County Judge Tuesday. Five of them plead no contest to the misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct charges. One of the teens was sentenced to complete anger management classes, probation and community service hours last week. But Judge David Eddy stopped short of calling her a juvenile delinquent. One of the teens' attorney, Charles Holloman told TV20 that there is something else at play. "It was totally irresponsible and unsafe to stack kids on that bus, having them sitting on the floor, sitting on top of each other," he said. "So who over there in the high command dreamed that up? or approved that plan?"
The victim's mother told us in a previous interview that the fight started because her daughter had no where to sit on the bus. While school officials say the bus driver broke several rules that morning, like driving while kids where out of their seat, the district has not amended any of their policies. The five teens will be back in court on Friday for sentencing. One other teen who previously pleaded no contest did not show up for court this morning.
- Ocala Brawlers Arrested
- Update: Gas Station Brawlers
- Gay Fla. Teen Back in Jail After Plea Deal Pulled
- Man Accused of Giving Abortion Drug to Take Plea
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack
- Ali Barbour Change Of Plea
- Suspects Plea "Not Guilty" in Seath Jackson Murder Trial
- Woman Who Tried To Run Over Officer Enters Plea Deal
- Gainesville Mayor Craig Lowe Accepts Plea Deal and His DUI Case Will Not Go To Trial
- Kenneth James Accepts Plea Deal in Sexual Assault Case