Caribbean Circle Wildfire
Wildfire crews are working on the Caribbean Circle fire that is now at 200 acres in the southern part of Clay County.
The fire started as a backyard burn around 2 this afternoon.
So far the fire is about 50 percent contained.
There are no injuries and all power has been restored to homes closest to the flames.
There have been reports of two structures that were damaged, one completely burned down.
All the roads in the area are open but heavy smoke should be expected tomorrow morning.
The smoke may reach Waldo and Starke.
- Family Digging Through Burning Rubble
- Firefighters Face Setback
- Legend of the Skunk Ape
- Wildfire Then, Wildfire Now?
- 4 Men Rescued After Being Lost At Sea For 6 Days
- Helping Prevent Wildfires
- Preventing Wildfires This Spring
- Wildfire Risk May Increase
- Marion County Preparing For Wildfires
- Wildfire Threatened Homes in Alachua County