Children's Play Area Opens At Santa Fe Zoo
There was a lot of roaring, growling, and slithering going on today at the Santa Fe Zoo. But it wasn't all coming from the animals.
More than 20 children got to be the first to play in the Santa Fe Teaching Zoo's new playground.
The playground features a jungle gym, monkey bars, and an artificial log.
The zoo director said the play area was designed for children to mimic the way animals move.
The play area was created with a $25 thousand grant from the City of Gainesville's Tourist Development Council.
The zoo is open daily from 9am to 2pm.
- UF Shands Children's Hospital Opens New Entrance
- Santa Fe Teaching Zoo Otter Moving to Australia
- Baby Gibbon Celebrates First Birthday at Santa Fe Teaching Zoo
- Death of Son, Leads to New Foundation and Future Children's Hospital
- New Children's ER in Ocala
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- Stop Children's Cancer Raises Awareness for Pediatric Cancer
- IHOP teaming up with Children's Miracle Network on National Pancake Day
- Gainesville Duck Derby Raises Money For Children's Support Agencies
- A Local Boy Named "Florida Champion" of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals