Children's Play Area Opens At Santa Fe Zoo
There was a lot of roaring, growling, and slithering going on today at the Santa Fe Zoo. But it wasn't all coming from the animals.
More than 20 children got to be the first to play in the Santa Fe Teaching Zoo's new playground.
The playground features a jungle gym, monkey bars, and an artificial log.
The zoo director said the play area was designed for children to mimic the way animals move.
The play area was created with a $25 thousand grant from the City of Gainesville's Tourist Development Council.
The zoo is open daily from 9am to 2pm.
- Baby Gibbon Celebrates First Birthday at Santa Fe Teaching Zoo
- Santa Fe Teaching Zoo Otter Moving to Australia
- New Children's ER in Ocala
- Death of Son, Leads to New Foundation and Future Children's Hospital
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- Stop Children's Cancer Raises Awareness for Pediatric Cancer
- Children's Hospital in Gainesville Makes Cents
- Children's Day in Newberry
- University of Florida Police and Shands Sponsor Children's Bike Rodeo
- Holiday Carols, Children's Smiles