It's a unique way of boosting business in our area and TV20's Trent Kelly shows us that hundreds of local business owners threw a festival today in hopes of attracting some brand new customers. Name anything and you probably could have it at the Alachua County Fairgrounds on Saturday. Event goers could enjoy rock climbing, music, and even tigers.
Close to 150 local business owners set up shop at the fairgrounds giving people the chance to sample their services. Joe Boehnlein is about to open a brand new dive shop and says events like this can be extremly helpful because he needs all the exposure he can get.
But the fun wasn't limited only to the adults, there was plenty there to keep kids busy as well, including elephant rides. Ensuring every member of the community regardless of age has a good time and a profitable future. The turnout was larger than expected and the event organizers say they definitely plan on holding another community fest next year.
- Labor Daze Fest To Focus on Community Enrichment in Addition to Family Fun
- Labor Daze Fest 2014 Features Live Music, Family Fun
- 'Fest 13' brings hundreds of bands, performers to downtown Gainesville
- Flex Film Fest Begins Today
- Adopt-A-Pet 12/27/2012
- Looking Back at Noche de Gala 2012
- 9/18/2012 Adopt-A-Pet
- Sonlight Youth Choir and Band 2012 Benefit Concert
- Florida Folk Festival 2012
- Adopt-A-Pet 5/10/2012