Downtown Ocala will look very different in the future after the City received millions of dollars to help spruce it up. The city recently secured a two million dollar federal grant to re-align the railroad lines along Osceola Avenue and SE 3rd Street. The project is key to a linear park that will connect the downtown to Tuscawilla Park. City officials say the plans will help make the downtown more pedestrian friendly while creating a downtown hub. Other improvements to the downtown have already started, like the Citizens Square at City Hall. The railroad project could begin as early as October.
- Ocala Wish Granted
- Grant Approved for Ocala Building
- Ocala's Downtown City Walk Project
- Downtown Ocala to get Makeover
- Downtown Ocala Business Owners: Renovation Troubles are "Worth It"
- The Future Face of Downtown Ocala
- Potter Mania Hit Downtown Ocala
- More Options when Parking in Downtown Ocala
- One Thing you Won't See in Downtown Ocala this Holiday Season
- Improvements at Tuscawilla Park