Family Digging Through Burning Rubble
A family is urging residents in Clay County to refrain from "back yard burning."
This comes after their double wide mobile home was destroyed in a fire.
Fire officials are battling the "Caribbean Circle Fire" in Clay County that started from a backyard burn.
TV 20's Duke Carter reports the family is searching for anything that's left in the rubble.
This man is watering the ground, where his mobile home once stood.
"it was a double wide"
A double wide mobile home with a swimming pool.
And now all that's left...
"everything is gone the jeep was gone the pool"
Ashes of everything Kristen Pafford's family lost in the fire.
"it was a lot of memories"
Memories that include...
" the baby video, the wedding video all my yearbooks you know things that can't be replaced.
Pafford said she got a call Tuesday afternoon from her mom informing her they were being evacuated by Clay County Fire Rescue for safety.
"it looked bad"
She says firefighters took water from the swimming pool to try and save their home
The firefighters were trapped in the driveway while doing so.
"I just cant believe they went to that extent."
"pretty much what we have is muck on fire."
Florida Forest Service officials are now saturating the ground to combat the muck that's burning.
They say 150 acres have burned from three separate fires and now they expect the ground to burn for months.
"until we get some rain significant rain, I'm not talking about half inch of rain, I'm talking about 3-4-5-6 inches of rain."
After a little digging through the rubble.
"aww baby Jesus survived the fire"
Pafford's daughter found baby Jesus
"he was the only thing to survive the trinity."
And now she urges residents to not burn.
"its ridiculous to be burning at this point the lives that could have been lost are not worth it."
A family salvaging any items destroyed in the fire.
Duke Carter TV 20 News.
No one was hurt.
Fire officials say they're still trying to figure out who started the fire.
In the meantime Pafford's family will meet with the insurance company.
- Caribbean Circle Wildfire
- Local Wildfires Keep Burn Ban in Effect: Clay County Blaze Now Burning
- Hopkin's Prairie Fire Tears Through More than 19-Hundred Acres in Marion County
- State's Largest Fire Continues to Burn in North Central Florida
- Alachua County Fire... Saving Lives
- Animal Shelter Gets Agility Equipment Through Student Project
- Largest Prescribed Burn at Etoniah Creek State Forest
- Family Reacts to Deadly Dixie County Fire
- NTSB Rules in 2011 Helicopter Crash in Clay County
- Clay County man shot and killed in front yard