Florida Consumer Confidence Drops
Despite better economic news, Florida residents aren't quite as optimistic as last month. UF's monthly gauge of Consumer Confidence dropped two points in March to 74.
That was after a series of monthly gains. Survey Director Chris McCarty pointed out that it was the same pattern last year.
This year unemployment numbers are much better and the stock market is holding on to big gains.
But McCarty says the biggest drag on the economy is the price of gasoline, which according to AAA is $3.92 a gallon in Gainesville, or 24 cents a gallon more than last year.
- FL Consumer Confidence Flatlines
- Consumer Confidence Numbers Are In
- New Survey Reveals That Consumer Confidence Is At An All-Time Low
- FL Consumer Confidence
- Consumer Confidence Up
- Consumer Confidence For Buying & Selling Homes Is Up
- Chris Rainey Dropped from Steelers After Arrest
- Florida Democrast Drop Mail-in Primary Idea
- Family Spotlight 10/27/11 "Consumer Confidence"
- The University of Florida is Supporting the Search for Missing Student