Fugitive Link To Mississippi State Death Arrested In Gainesville
A national manhunt for a man wanted for killing a student on the campus of Mississippi State University has ended here in North Central Florida.
The search ended peacefully when he simply showed up at the Alachua County Sheriff's Office Tuesday afternoon.
Trent Crump was briefly questioned, then arrested after he turned himself in to deputies a little after 3 o'clock.
He is wanted in connection with the killing of Mississippi State student John Sanderson on Saturday, March 24.
Deputies said Crump was calm and cooperative as he talked with them.
While they are happy with the peaceful arrest, deputies are still surprised by it.
Sergeant Todd Kelly says Crump has contacts in Alachua County and he came in to the office with a female.
However, they do not know exactly why Crump was here.
Alachua County Sheriff's Office is making arrangments with law enforcement in Mississippi to extradite Crump
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Fugitive Arrest
- New Hampshire Fugitive Arrested in Lake City
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Zimmerman Attorney Wants to Question Crump
- Marshals Find Fugitive
- Woman Files Lawsuit Against Pharmacy Linked to Meningitis Outbreak
- Three Marion County Facilities Linked to Meningitis Outbreak
- 2 More FAMU Hazing Death Defendants Arrested
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged