Gainesville Hosuing Authority Changes
Published March 15th, 2012
Four Gainesville Housing Authority positions were eliminated, one being Bernadette Woody who worked there since July 2006.
"Our budget can not really afford to carry the human needs to make sure we have adequate staff. so i made some cuts in order to bring those other positions aboard."
Pamela Davis, the new Gainesville Housing Authority's Executive Director, cut four jobs but created four new ones. Two of those new positions will be a section 8 Housing Coordinator and a section 8 Administrative Assistant, which were created to help meet all of the Housing and Urban Development requirements.
"Currently our counselors see over 400 clients each. the additional staff will provide us with the adequate number of counselors to make sure we can give the program the attention it needs."
G-H-A has had trouble with hud in the recent past.
According to Davis, last year G-H-A scored twenty points out of one thirty- five in the section 8 management assessment. She already has a goal in mind.
"Our two year goal is to at least score eighty percent and be a standard performer. Then the following year I want high."
some residents in Woodland Park feel Davis is making the right changes to improve G-H-A's estimated $1.8 million deficit, which was caused by approving too many section 8 vouchers.
"She's coming in and she got here head where it's suppose to be, so she's going to do a good job."
" In this building behind me, the new director is holding her first meeting with woodland residents . She is planning on talking about changes and programs that she wants to implement in the next coming years."
G-H-A has already had to raise the rent to make up the budget deficit.
Now, Davis has a five-year plan that she shared with the residents at the meeting, which includes help to find a job.
"What we will be doing is giving our residents the opportunity to get on the job training as well as official training."
By: Yaremi Farinas
By: Yaremi Farinas
- Leadership Changes on the Way for Housing Authority
- Gainesville Housing Authority Faces Million Dollar Shortfall
- City Takes Closer Look at Gainesville Housing Authority
- Gainesville Housing Authority Feeling the Heat
- Gainesville Housing Authority Chooses New Executive Director
- Woman Dies In House Fire; Authorities Looking For Person Of Interest
- Ousted Housing Authority Director Responds to Allegations
- Section 8 Housing Changes
- 400 Building, In Limbo
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment