Help Still Needed for Soldier & Family
While a soldier is fighting in Afghanistan, his family in Marion County is trying to pick up the pieces after their home caught on fire.
Engineers now say the home is a total loss and will have to be knocked down.
Army Staff Sergeant Richard Leadingham was deployed just two days after the fire happened on March 8th. Donations have been pouring in to the Francis Marion Military Academy in Ocala, which is leading the relief effort. They are hosting a meeting on Thursday with other organizations to determine how else they can help. Meanwhile, Leadingham's wife and four of their children are staying at a family member's house.
- Help Center for Abused Women Needs Help
- Florida License Plates Still Need To Be Approved
- UF's Fanfares and Fireworks Still Needs $8,500
- Families and friends paint 34th Street Wall to honor fallen soldiers
- Family of Ocala soldier killed at base seeking answers
- Rescuers Try to Help Pets That Need Each Other
- Group That Helps Low Income Pets, Needs Financial Boost Of Their Own
- Guide Dog Foundation Needs Help
- A Gainesville High School Student Is Helping Other Students With Their School Uniform Needs
- Toys for Tots Receives Much Needed Help