Hinson-Rawls Resigns GHA Board
She'll help the city of Gainesville, but not the Gainesville housing authority.
Board member Yvonne Hinson-Rawls has submitted a letter of resignation to Mayor Craig Lowe.
Hinson-Rawls will join Lowe on the city commissin in May, having won the district one seat in January's municipal election.
Her term on the housing authority runs until 2015.
The housing authority recently dropped four employees, including the interim director.
And they are struggling to meet a large budget deficit.
- The City Of Gainesville Exploring A Street Car System
- Hatchet Creek Development Comes Before Gainesville City Commission
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight
- Gainesville City Commission Bans LED signs
- Final Gainesville City Commission Forum
- Gainesville City Commission Passes Annexation Ordinance
- Gainesville City Commission Opposed to Police Merger Discussion
- Runoff Needed in Gainesville City Commission Race
- City of Gainesville's Early Voting Starts Monday
- New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools