Hinson-Rawls Resigns GHA Board
She'll help the city of Gainesville, but not the Gainesville housing authority.
Board member Yvonne Hinson-Rawls has submitted a letter of resignation to Mayor Craig Lowe.
Hinson-Rawls will join Lowe on the city commissin in May, having won the district one seat in January's municipal election.
Her term on the housing authority runs until 2015.
The housing authority recently dropped four employees, including the interim director.
And they are struggling to meet a large budget deficit.
- Goston defeats Hinson-Rawls in District 1 race
- The City Of Gainesville Exploring A Street Car System
- Warren Defeats Orlando by 127 Votes in Gainesville City Commission Runoff
- Changes to Gainesville City Commission Public Comments
- Hatchet Creek Development Comes Before Gainesville City Commission
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight
- Gainesville City Commission Considers Cheaper Alternative, TSM
- Early Voting For Gainesville City Commission
- Biomass Concerns Dominate Candidate Forum for Gainesville City Commission
- New Restrictions on Game Day Parking Passes Gainesville City Commission