Hometown Shoe Designer Makes a Name for Herself
She's a hometown girl who is making her name in the world of fashion.
Diana Kelly, a University of Florida graduate and former Miss Gainesville, was back in town today... showcasing her line of women's shoes and talking about how to be an entrepreneur.
The "up and coming" designer was featured in the current issue of "Southern Living" magazine.
At Pinner's Designer Shoes in Gainesville Wednesday afternoon, Kelly showcased her collection. Which she began as a graduate student at UF in 2009.
Designer Diana Kelly said, "If though our economy is not in the best shape right now, it gives so much opportunity for new businesses and new entrepreneurs to come in with new ideas and we have all the resources living here in the united states to make a dream like this happen."
On March 15th, Kelly will be the keynote speaker at a women's entrepreneurship summit at UF.
- FCAT Camp Designed To Make Learning Fun
- UF Students "Design" New Life For Migrant Family
- Gainesville Police Searching For Missing UF Student
- Gainesville Airport Collects 8,000 Shoes For Haiti Earthquake Victims
- Hometown TE Gator Hoskins Shines for Marshall in Last Game
- UF Law Student Named Florida Blue Key President
- UF Students Will Vote on Potential Name Change for the Reitz Union
- Making Beds To Make Gainesville's Tourism Industry Money
- UF Students Make-over Duval Elementary
- Tony Jones Named New Gainesville Police Chief