Man Dies in House Fire
A man is dead in Ocklawaha after his home caught fire Wednesday morning. The laze is being called suspicious.
The victim is a man in his fifties or early sixties. His name was not released as of Wednesday afternoon until authorities informed his family members. The man's dog had also died by the time rescue crews got there. It happened at the Silver Springs Village subdivision in Ocklawaha- just blocks away from where a 300 acre brush fire threatened homes last week.
Authorities are calling the fire suspicious. The victim's car was left parked across the street at a neighbor's house. The Fire Marshal's Office is investigating how the fire started.
Authorities also did not confirm whether the fire could have been a part of a suicide.
- 89 Year Old Man Dies in House Fire
- Marion County Man Dies in House Fire
- Woman Dies In House Fire; Authorities Looking For Person Of Interest
- Five Children Die in Citra House Fire
- Man Dies in Grass Fire
- Man Saved in House Fire
- Man Burned In Early Morning House Fire
- Woman And Child Die In House Fire
- Man Sets House On Fire To Kill Family
- Four Dead Following House Fire , Fire Not The Cause of Deaths