Man Sentenced to Life in Prison
A man in Marion County was found guilty of murder and sentenced to life in prison. Antonio Lyons was convicted of murdering Marvin Wilkerson during a home invasion robbery back in 2008. Tuesday, Wilkerson's family was in the courtroom to hear the fate of their brother's killer.
"My brother was a loving brother that would give you anything you don't have to take it away from him," Aaren Richardson, the victim's sister told TV20. "All you have to do is ask, and he's try to help you in any way he could."
The jury did not take long to deliberate. Wilkerson's daughter addressed Lyons, sobbing as she spoke of her father. Family members told us, they have forgiven Lyons and had asked for a life sentence instead of the death penalty. Lyons' co-defendant, Arthur Lee Dukes is yet to go to trial.
- Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Killing Stepfather
- Austin Jones Sentenced to Life in Prison without Parole
- Maranda Martin Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder of Paul Quandt Sr.
- Marion County Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Gainesville Man Sentenced To 150 Months In Prison
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life
- Man Could Receive Life in Prison
- Woman Sentenced To Life In Prison For Accident Involving Officer
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Man Gets 4 Consecutive Life Sentences for Murder