Mechanic Murdered in Belleview
Detectives in Marion County are putting together clues to find a killer. Family members called 911 when they found their loved one shot to death inside his Belleview home.
According to reports, 48-year-old Mark Bazarsky was murdered. He ran a small car repair shop out of his home. Monday afternoon, customers were stopping by. "Very shocking," Jeff Edwards told TV20. "You don't expect to pull up and find the police there."
TV20 was the first to report the homicide Sunday evening. Detectives say family members had just seen him alive on Friday.
"When they couldn't contact him, they came here to try to find him and found him dead," Marion County Sheriff's Homicide Detective Brian Spivey told TV20.
Detectives are questioning Bazarsky's roommate, 51-year-old Matthew Arnell, but they are also speaking with other persons of interest. As of Monday evening, no arrests had been made.
The crime scene was being scoured for clues.
"We are looking to establish a time line of when he was last scene alive and who he was around at that time," Spivey said.
Edwards said Bazarsky had moved up from Miami less than a year ago and had fallen on hard financial times.
"He was a very hardworking man and wanted to do well," Edwards said.
Detectives are offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the gun used or the killer.
- A local mechanic is "making it" in country music...
- Belleview House Fire
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- Charges Against Belleview Pastor Dropped
- Belleview City Growth
- Belleview Police Search For Bank Robber
- Drive-By Shooting in Belleview Leaves 1 Man Dead and 1 Injured
- Fire Destroys Businesses in Belleview
- Pedro Bravo Charged with the Murder of Missing UF Student Christian Aguilar
- Accused Murderer Pedro Bravo Appears Before a Full Courtroom