Mechanic Murdered in Belleview
Detectives in Marion County are putting together clues to find a killer. Family members called 911 when they found their loved one shot to death inside his Belleview home.
According to reports, 48-year-old Mark Bazarsky was murdered. He ran a small car repair shop out of his home. Monday afternoon, customers were stopping by. "Very shocking," Jeff Edwards told TV20. "You don't expect to pull up and find the police there."
TV20 was the first to report the homicide Sunday evening. Detectives say family members had just seen him alive on Friday.
"When they couldn't contact him, they came here to try to find him and found him dead," Marion County Sheriff's Homicide Detective Brian Spivey told TV20.
Detectives are questioning Bazarsky's roommate, 51-year-old Matthew Arnell, but they are also speaking with other persons of interest. As of Monday evening, no arrests had been made.
The crime scene was being scoured for clues.
"We are looking to establish a time line of when he was last scene alive and who he was around at that time," Spivey said.
Edwards said Bazarsky had moved up from Miami less than a year ago and had fallen on hard financial times.
"He was a very hardworking man and wanted to do well," Edwards said.
Detectives are offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the gun used or the killer.
- Mechanic Recognizes Stolen Motorcycle
- A local mechanic is "making it" in country music...
- A Stroll Through One Belleview Neighborhood Ends in Animal Abuse Arrest
- Horse Injected with Gasoline in Belleview Is Back Home
- Two Suspects Arrested in Connection to Belleview Shooting
- Meth House Busted In Belleview
- Belleview House Fire
- Belleview Drug Bust Leads to Nine Arrests
- Belleview Volleyball Falls In 5A State Finals, Vanguard Advances in 6A
- Fire Destroys Businesses in Belleview