New Study Says It's OK to Fail
A new study released by the American Psychological Association says that its important to let kids know that failing is a normal part of learning.
The study speculates this kind of confidence lessens anxiety.. which some kids feel when pressured to do well on important exams.
One teacher at Westwood Middle School says that she encourages the process of solving the equation...which is sometimes just as important as the answer.
"They're afraid that what they do is going to be wrong so its better to not even do it at all or to try it all..than to try it and to get it wrong...but getting problems wrong is part of the learning process."
These strategies are especially important when teaching math...when multiple means can be applied to achieve the same end.
The study can be found on the APA website.
- It's National School Bus Safety Week But Some Parents Say Their Kid Aren't Safe
- Crist Vetos 'Landmark' Energy Bill, Says It's Not Enough
- Half of Florida High School Students Fail FCAT Test
- Head of Public Safety Says It's TIme to Retire
- New Principals Appointed at Local Elementary and Middle Schools
- Mebane Middle School Student Inspires Porter's Pink Passion Day
- School Officials Blame Dip in Grades on State's Changes to F-CAT
- RNC Committee Says It's on Track to Meet Goals
- Third Arrest at Kanapaha Middle School
- Special Career Day for Mebane Middle School