Williston Road Crash
After hearing a loud crash, Greg Williams of south east gainesville ran around the corner of his house to a terrible accident.
"Just keep your kids off the streets, off the road, where they wont get hit," he said.
Williams lives at the intersection of Williston Road and SE 4th Street, where at 5:00 PM Monday, a van collided with a semi truck head on.
The man who was driving the van, 50- year- old Michael Walston, was critically injured.
"Williston Road, it's a long stretch of road, there's lots of side streets and so any intersection can be dangerous, some more than others," said GPD officer Summer Hallett.
The van was apparently heading west on Williston Road, when it crossed the median, crashing into the semi as it was making a right hand turn.
The semi truck driver, 53-year-old Edgardo Cruz-Ranero, walked away without a scratch.
The driver of the third vehicle involved was treated for minor injuries and is in good condition.
Police are still investigating the crash, but Williams says he'll continue to be extra cautious when his grand children are over.
"That's why I have them in the backyard, that's why I have a gated fence," he said.
- FHP: Car Crashes Into, Topples Utility Pole On Williston Road
- Update: Williston Road Closures
- Williston Road Repairs Completed
- Self-driving car driver died after crash in Williston, a first
- Troopers investigating 3 killed in Williston crash
- Father, Son Injured In Williston Plane Crash
- Two Planes Crash In Williston; Three People Dead
- UPDATE: Homeowner Describes Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- UPDATE: Local Pilot In Disbelief After Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- Two vehicle crash near Williston