Barn Fire Accidental
It was a tragedy, and it was an accident.
Investigators with Marion County Fire Rescue believe a barn fire that killed several horses over the weekend may have been caused by an electrical problem.
Nine horses died when the barn at the Mckathan Farm in Reddick caught fire Sunday afternoon.
Several other horses were saved, but some suffered burn injuries.
A farm employee also suffered first and second degree burns.
- Ocala Man Kills Self, Sets Home and Barn on Fire
- Horses Perish in Barn Fire
- Fire That Destroyed UF Facility Ruled Accidental
- Eleven Horses Killed in Williston Barn Fire
- A Barn Fire Leaves Family Without a Home
- Governor's Office Accidentally Sends Thank-You Letter to White Supremacist
- Tragedy in Bronson: 2yr old Accidentally Shot by 11 yr old Brother
- Puppy Buried Alive, Accidentally Found By Williston Police
- Alachua County Decides Whether to Rebuild Fairgrounds Barn After Collapse
- Alachua County Commissioners Discuss Pole Barn Replacement Options