Barn Fire Accidental
It was a tragedy, and it was an accident.
Investigators with Marion County Fire Rescue believe a barn fire that killed several horses over the weekend may have been caused by an electrical problem.
Nine horses died when the barn at the Mckathan Farm in Reddick caught fire Sunday afternoon.
Several other horses were saved, but some suffered burn injuries.
A farm employee also suffered first and second degree burns.
- A Barn Fire Leaves Family Without a Home
- Eleven Horses Killed in Williston Barn Fire
- Dumpster catches fire
- Fire That Destroyed UF Facility Ruled Accidental
- Stable Fire Kills at Least 15 Horses
- Homicide victim, 70, described as 'the voice of inspiration"
- Osceola student almost abducted by man in car
- Law regulates drug compounding pharmacies
- OPD arrest man asleep over the steering wheel of a stolen vehicle
- Scam targeting Ocala Utility Services customers