Barn Fire Accidental
It was a tragedy, and it was an accident.
Investigators with Marion County Fire Rescue believe a barn fire that killed several horses over the weekend may have been caused by an electrical problem.
Nine horses died when the barn at the Mckathan Farm in Reddick caught fire Sunday afternoon.
Several other horses were saved, but some suffered burn injuries.
A farm employee also suffered first and second degree burns.
- A Barn Fire Leaves Family Without a Home
- Eleven Horses Killed in Williston Barn Fire
- Horses Perish in Barn Fire
- Ocala Man Kills Self, Sets Home and Barn on Fire
- Fire That Destroyed UF Facility Ruled Accidental
- Clay County Teenager Severely Injured in Storage Barn Shooting
- Marion County Barn House Goes Up in Flames
- Alachua County Commissioners Discuss Pole Barn Replacement Options
- Alachua County Decides Whether to Rebuild Fairgrounds Barn After Collapse
- 2 Florida Children Accidentally Run Over by Mowers