Barn Fire Accidental
It was a tragedy, and it was an accident.
Investigators with Marion County Fire Rescue believe a barn fire that killed several horses over the weekend may have been caused by an electrical problem.
Nine horses died when the barn at the Mckathan Farm in Reddick caught fire Sunday afternoon.
Several other horses were saved, but some suffered burn injuries.
A farm employee also suffered first and second degree burns.
- Horses Perish in Barn Fire
- Eleven Horses Killed in Williston Barn Fire
- Ocala Man Kills Self, Sets Home and Barn on Fire
- A Barn Fire Leaves Family Without a Home
- Fire That Destroyed UF Facility Ruled Accidental
- Alachua County Decides Whether to Rebuild Fairgrounds Barn After Collapse
- Alachua County Commissioners Discuss Pole Barn Replacement Options
- Marion County Barn House Goes Up in Flames
- Clay County Teenager Severely Injured in Storage Barn Shooting
- 2 Florida Children Accidentally Run Over by Mowers