Body In Woods
Published April 12th, 2012
A man's body was found in a deep ditch in ocala yesterday.
Police found the partially decomposed body of the man at the bottom of a ravine.
And they say it has probably been there for several days.
According to police, a city worker called 9-1-1 today after noticing a foul smell in a heavily wooded area in the 1700 Block of Martin Luther King Avenue in Ocala.
"She ended up going down and finding what she thought was a partially decomposed body. at that point she called the police dept. and we responded and did indeed recover or find a deceased person."
Sargeant Maier said they have not yet identified the body.
He also said they have not yet determined how the person died or if it is now a homicide investigation.
- 8 More Bodies Found on Capsized Ship Costa Concordia
- Body of Missing Worker Found in Collapsed Miami Parking Garage
- Body of Boston Bombings Suspect Has Been Claimed
- Body Found Of Man Who Fell From Plane
- Malnourished Horse Found in Woods, Euthanized
- ESPN To Air Tiger Woods Interview
- Police Confident Woods Committed 2007 Murder
- Fire at Wood Resource Recovery Site Limits Visibility in Northwest Gainesville
- Northern Part of "Loblolly Woods Nature Park" Up For Bids
- Body In Canal