City Considering Doggie Dining in Gainesville
City Commissioners are considering setting an ordinance about doggie dining.
"It's my favorite thing in the world to do," said Nina Koelmeyer.
About two or three times a week, Nina Koelmeyer spends her time dining out with her two best friends Paco and Stella. Since she lives in Downtown, she goes to places like Big Lou's Pizza where they don't mind the company of her pets. If a formal permitting process were in place, more restaurants might offer the same thing.
As well as Ocala, which approved it two years ago. Last October Ryan Premdas, the general manager at The Warehouse, approached the city commission about enacting an ordinance in Gainesville.
So Paco and Stella can enjoy a couple more days together around Downtown Gainesville.
By: Yaremi Farinas
- City of Gainesville Considering Annexation
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider Fire Assessment Fee
- "Dog-Gone": City Rejects "Doggy Daycare" Code
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Gainesville Warehouse
- Dog Friendly Dining
- Fire at Local Warehouse
- Fire Destroys Furniture Warehouse
- Doggy Diplomas
- Would-be Robber Attempts to Enter Home Through Doggy Door
- Doggie Dress-Up... For A Good Cause