Few Challengers To State Attorneys on Ballot
Some of North Central Florida's elected officials found out today that they won't have to be elected this November.
Today was the deadline for candidates to qualify for judicial positions on the fall ballot.
Two incumbent Prosecutors from North Central Florida drew no challengers. That means Bill Cervone of the 8th Circuit and Brad King of the 5th Circuit will be returned to their state attorneys' offices.
Prosecutor Skip Jarvis of the 3rd Circuit--a Democrat--does face a challenge by Republican Jeff Siegmeister.
- Several Interesting Matchups as Election Ballots Set
- New Charter Amendment on Mayoral Elections' Ballot
- Anthony's Attorneys Try to Block Deposition
- Attorney Found Guilty For Illegal Internet Cafes
- Only Few Days Left Before Start of Classes in Alachua County Public Schools
- Drop A Line...And A Few Trees
- No bedside emergency buttons, few nurses on locked VA psych ward
- No suspects, few leads in Putnam County murder
- Democrats Use Of Absentee Ballots On The Rise
- Deadline Over To Order Absentee Ballot