Few Challengers To State Attorneys on Ballot
Some of North Central Florida's elected officials found out today that they won't have to be elected this November.
Today was the deadline for candidates to qualify for judicial positions on the fall ballot.
Two incumbent Prosecutors from North Central Florida drew no challengers. That means Bill Cervone of the 8th Circuit and Brad King of the 5th Circuit will be returned to their state attorneys' offices.
Prosecutor Skip Jarvis of the 3rd Circuit--a Democrat--does face a challenge by Republican Jeff Siegmeister.
- Several Interesting Matchups as Election Ballots Set
- New Charter Amendment on Mayoral Elections' Ballot
- No suspects, few leads in Putnam County murder
- Only Few Days Left Before Start of Classes in Alachua County Public Schools
- Drop A Line...And A Few Trees
- Deadline Over To Order Absentee Ballot
- Democrats Use Of Absentee Ballots On The Rise
- A Breakdown of the Ballot Amendments
- Attorney General Vows Thorough Review of Martin Case
- Zimmerman Attorneys No Longer Representing Him