Gainesville Diver Drowns
A Gainesville man drowned this weekend in Weeki Wachee Springs and one fellow diver is surprised because 29 year old Marson Kay had the very best training.
Mike Engle works in Gainesville and taught Kay how to dive when he was just beginning.
Engle says the cave diving community is small and Kay was an active part of that community.
He had extensive training and always sought the best teachers.
"There's no doubt in my mind that he was every bit prepared for a dive like that and unfortunately what happened was just one of those freak accidents."
The Hernando County Sheriff's Office says Kay was returning to the surface of the water when he got stuck in a space too small to escape.
The Sheriffs Office is ruling the drowning accidental and the investigation is ongoing.
- Local Scuba Diver Cause of Death Known
- Gainesville Man, 21, Drowns In Pool
- Gainesville Man Dies While Saving Drowning Kids
- Gambling Den Busted
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Gilchrist Sheriff's Office Investigates Possible Santa Fe Drowning
- Deadly Diving In Columbia County
- North Central Florida Woman Dives in Caves Around the World
- Man Says Devil Made Him Assault Girl According to Lake City Police
- Diver Safety