Gainesville Ranked Sixth Hardest Working City
Published April 18th, 2012
If you were already tired even when you just wake up, you probably weren't alone.
Parade magazine ranked America's top twenty-five hardest working cities, and Gainesville ranked sixth on the list.
Some of the elements that Parade analyzed were unemployment rates, total number of hours worked every week and the number of double income families.
The information was provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Census Bureau and other resources.
"I believe it. I mean there so many college kids in this town. All they have to do is work and go to school. That's all they have work and go to school. Su pushing thirty hours and then of course full-time student," says one area working student.
Gainesville was the only city in Florida that was ranked in the top ten.
Columbia, Missouri took the top spot.
- Gainesville Activites and Traffic Details - Art Fest, Bikers Parade
- Gay Pride Parade in Gainesville
- Gainesville Ranks 7th on a list of New Foreclosure Capitals
- Your Health: Prostate Cancer Hits African American Hardest
- Lake City Inmate Attempts to Escape from Work Camp
- Lake City BoyScout Works Toward World Record Food Drive
- With New Fiscal Year Approaching, City Leaders are Working to Budget Biomass Plant
- Work Far From Over After Gainesville Election
- Gainesville Businesses Work to Draw in Crowds During Gator Away Games
- Police Say Gainesville Man Burglarized Home While Looking For Work