Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Gator Marching Band Going to the Olympics
Its a once in a lifetime opportunity but its going to cost a lot of money.
The Pride of the Sunshine, UF's Gator marching band, will be playing at the summer Olympics in London.
Coordinators told band director Jay Watkins the band will kick off the opening ceremonies because they are used to playing to crowds of 90, 000 in the Swamp on football Saturdays.
But one band member says playing for a different type of crowd will be a little more nerve-wracking.
"Its definitely going to be a different kind of people you know...of course we will be nervous because not only are we representing the Gator band and the University of Florida, we are representing all of Florida and all of the United States, its just a tad more added pressure!"
The trip will cost just over four thousand dollars per student.
To help students make it to London, please visit this UF site to find out how you can help.
- Gator Marching Band Heading to London for Olympics
- Gator Coaches Wish UF Band Success at London Olympics
- UF Marching Band
- FAMU Marching Band Suspended for One Year
- Gay Pride Parade in Gainesville
- Fightin' Gators Marching in Miami
- Gators March for Babies
- Jay's Hands
- Man Rides Wheelchair Through Sunshine State
- State Attorney Says Plenty of "Sunshine" at Informal Alachua County Meetings