Heather Strong Murder Case
Joshua Fulgham was in the hot seat in court as opening statements began for his participation in the murder of his wife Heather Strong.
Fulgham's ex-girlfriend Emilia Carr has already been convicted to death row for killing Heather.
Both sides say Fulgham had a hand in the killing but are split on whether it was premeditated or done in the heat of the moment.
But both the defense and the prosecution agree that the 11 years that Fulgham and Heather Strong spent together led up to the tragic day.
Prosecutor Brad King said "in respect to these two, this was a violent relationship."
Defense attorney Terry Lenamon agreed saying "they had a volatile relationship."
A volatile relationship that turned deadly when officials say Emilia Carr and ex-girlfriend of Fulgham's killed strong.
Both sides say that Fulgham admitted to luring Heather to a trailer behind Carr's mother's house.
But that's when the stories split.
The state claims that Fulgham planned ahead of time to kill her that day and helped Emilia Carr.
The defense agrees that Fulgham admitted to participating in the murder but says he watched Carr do it because he froze when he found out his wife had cheated on him.
- Murder Suspect Breaks Down in Court
- Emilia Carr Murder Trail: Opening Statements
- Fulgham Murder Trial Continues
- Jury Hears Fulgham's Confession
- Emilia Carr's Mother Speaks Out
- Emilia Carr Receives Death Penalty
- Guilty Verdict for Emilia Carr
- Jury Recommends the Death Penalty for Emilia Carr
- Emilia Carr Breaks Silence
- Salvato Verdict Reached