Help Elizabeth Nesbitt Win a New Van
A woman is trying to get her independence back... and is hoping a competition will help her do that.
Elizabeth Nesbitt is trying to win a van and says people take simple things like driving for granted.
It has been almost a year since she has been able to drive herself around.
Her current van is old and doesn't work and she says she cant afford to buy a new one.
The new van would allow her to get back into the community.
"You just don't realize how much having your own vehicle means you take it for granted and for me its a real big independence factor because right now I feel so limited and to be honest about it I get depressed."
The contest is on the mobility awareness month website where Nesbitt has shared her story.
You can vote for her once a day.
Here is the link to her story where you can vote: http://nmeda.com/mobility-awareness-month/heroes/florida/gainesville/1188/elizabeth-nesbitt
- New Response Van
- Elizabeth Beisel Prepares for One Last NCAA Championships
- New Beds, New Initiatives to Help Mentally Ill Inmates
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Van Poyck Execution Remains Scheduled
- UF Attacks, S.N.A.P. Transportation Doubling Number of Vans
- New Road in Ocala Helping to "Change America"
- New Law Could Help Kids Having Allergic Reactions in School
- Oh Baby! Local Class Helps New Moms