High Speed Chase in Gainesville
It was a high speed chase that started in Alachua County, just south of Gainesville with a Lake City man behind the wheel.
Multiple police agencies raced through parts of North Central Florida.
Florida Highway Patrol had tried to make a routine traffic stop, but troopers say 37-year-old Arthur Lee Pate decided not to stop.
The chase went through several busy streets in Gainesville, including 8th Ave. and 43rd St, U.S. 441 and back on I-75.
High Springs put down stop sticks at 441 and back on I-75.
Pate hit those and the tires went flat by the time he rolled into Columbia County.
FHP made the arrest and Pate faces several charges.
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Cross-County, High-Speed Chase Leaves Residents Shaken
- One Dead In High Speed Chase
- Woman Leads 3 County High Speed Chase
- Man Arrested After High Speed Chase
- High Speed Chase Ends With Car Crash
- Serial Bank Robber Caught After High Speed Chase
- Man killed after high speed chase with deputies
- 1 killed, 2 hurt in Putnam County high-speed chase
- High speed chase through Marion County