Man Holds Up Bus with Knife
University of Florida students on a RTS bus were stunned when a man pulled out a knife and threatened them.
According to University of Florida police, 19 year-old James Erik Connes pulled out the knife after other students complained about a missed bus route.
The bus driver stopped the bus and some students were able to flee before anyone was injured or hurt.
Officers on patrol spotted the bus and caught up with Connes within minutes.
They also found the fold out knife he used in the nearby woods.
Police told us Connes is a Sante Fe Student.
- UF And RTS Launch GPS Bus Tracking System
- RTS Announces Delays and Bus Stop Closures on Main Street and Depot Avenue
- RTS May Ban Smoking at Bus Depot
- RTS Bus Schedule Change
- Knife-Wielding Tampa Man Arrested At Levy County Park
- Knife-Wielding Man Tased By Gainesville Police During Struggle at Area McDonalds
- Jail Rape Investigation Holdup
- CyberKnife Treatment May Not be Covered Much Longer by Medicare
- Husband Threatens to Kill Wife with a Knife
- Keeping RTS Buses En Route