Military Cadets Win 1st in Nation
A group of military students in Ocala are celebrating after being the top in nation for their orienteering skills.
A celebration was held Tuesday morning at the Francis Marion Military Academy in Ocala to welcome the winning troupe home.
They just returned from Seattle, Washington where the competition was held.
Orienteering describes the students' map-reading and directional skills.
The group, comprised of 11 cadets competed against 20 other top teams in the nation.
They raised about $7,000 in order to attend the competition.
- Operation Rebuild
- Despite Reinstatement of Death Benefits, NCF Military Families Say Damage Has Been Done
- A Salute to Members of the Armed Forces in North Central Florida
- Navy Dad Surprises Teen at High School Graduation
- City Waives Fees for Charter School
- Soldier Surprises Son in Time for Christmas
- Pentagon Faces Massive Cuts
- Dragon Arrives at Space Station in Historic 1st
- Spending Father's Day Protecting Their Country
- Reward Increased in Missing Police Cadet Case