Murder Suspect Breaks Down in Court
A man facing First Degree Murder charges broke down in court Tuesday as pictures of his wife's remains and burial site were shown in court.
Joshua Fulgham is accused of killing his wife and then burying her in the backyard of his girlfriend's house in Boardman.
Tuesday, Fulgham's shoulders were shaking and he couldn't fight the tears.
Video was shown of Emilia Carr's house where Heather Strong, a mother of two was buried.
Fulgham's lawyer says he was aware of the evidence against his client going in.
"We are probably going to lose and my client is going to get convicted," Terence Lenamon told TV20. "The issue becomes whether my client will get the death sentence or not. That's really what we're talking about here," he said.
Fulgham plead guilty to First Degree Murder hoping to be sentenced to life in prison.
But the State wasn't willing to take that as a plea offer.
Closing arguments are expected Thursday.
- Heather Strong Murder Case
- Emilia Carr Breaks Silence
- Fulgham Murder Trial Continues
- Emilia Carr Murder Trail: Opening Statements
- Marion County Teens Accused of Murder In Court Today
- Jury Hears Fulgham's Confession
- Emilia Carr's Mother Speaks Out
- Emilia Carr Receives Death Penalty
- Guilty Verdict for Emilia Carr
- Jury Recommends the Death Penalty for Emilia Carr