New Airline at Gainesville Regional Airport
A new airline has landed at Gainesville Regional Airport, bringing new jobs to the area.
Silver Airways, a partner of United Airlines, will be providing service to Orlando and Tampa.
Matthew Holliday, VP of Marketing and Sales for the airline says its giving the area more than just new destinations.
"We've moved a little more than 50 people from South Florida in the Ft. Lauderdale area into Gainesville and then we've added over 20 jobs here on top of those transfers and the most exciting thing is that we are still hiring."
This is the first new airline at Gainesville Regional since American Eagle in 2010.
The CEO of Gainesville Regional says "this is a great opportunity for our region in that we have four major airlines represented here in Gainesville, so with one or two stops you can go anywhere in the world."
- Gainesville Regional Airport passengers to see new ticket counters
- Permits Required for Uber Drivers at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Ride-sharing battle continues at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Holiday travel increase expected at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Gainesville Police Department's New Special Operations Unit
- New Business Brings Jobs To Gainesville
- New Gainesville cancer center grand opening
- Airport Renovations Take Off
- Airport Getting Upgrade
- Woman Sues US Airways After Rough Landing