New Road for New Business
It's a road in ocala that leaders hope will pave the way for economic recovery.
South West 67th Avenue Road near the Ocala International Airport is complete.
Local leaders got together Tuesday morning to celebrate.
They unveiled a new sign for the industrial park the road cuts through.
The road cost $3.4 million dollars but officials said it makes 600 acres of land ready for businesses to move in.
"It's great for the community," Mar Mondell, Ocala's Municipal Director told TV20.
"Now we have a business park that we can fully market and promote. We have a destination where companies can arrive. You know, our goal has always been to try to create jobs and I feel that today is sort of our starting point for that," he said.
A hydroponic tomato plant has already agreed to move into the industrial park.
A time capsule full of pictures and other items was buried in front of the sign.
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners
- Wildfire in Ocala National Forest prompts road closures
- Ocala National Forest Fire prompts road closures
- The city of Ocala gets a new FedEx Ground Hub
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- New Children's ER in Ocala
- Summerfield Business Owner Charged with Child Pornography
- MCSO launches crime notification system for businesses
- Man Donates Land to County for New Park
- Ocala Man Uses New Business to Combat Disability