New Road for New Business
It's a road in ocala that leaders hope will pave the way for economic recovery.
South West 67th Avenue Road near the Ocala International Airport is complete.
Local leaders got together Tuesday morning to celebrate.
They unveiled a new sign for the industrial park the road cuts through.
The road cost $3.4 million dollars but officials said it makes 600 acres of land ready for businesses to move in.
"It's great for the community," Mar Mondell, Ocala's Municipal Director told TV20.
"Now we have a business park that we can fully market and promote. We have a destination where companies can arrive. You know, our goal has always been to try to create jobs and I feel that today is sort of our starting point for that," he said.
A hydroponic tomato plant has already agreed to move into the industrial park.
A time capsule full of pictures and other items was buried in front of the sign.
- Ocala Man Uses New Business to Combat Disability
- New Road in Ocala Helping to "Change America"
- Ocala's New Roads to Be Named
- Three Ocala Teams Fall as Columbia County Beats Vanguard 22-21, North Marion on the Road, and Lake Weir at Home
- Deadly Day on Marion County Roads
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
- A New Year, a New Budget for Marion County
- The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
- Marion County May Benefit from National Rodeo's Possible New Venue
- New FedEx Facility in Marion County to Create 100 Jobs