Ocala to get New Logo
Ocala City Leaders are thinking about the future-- and what the city will look like in years to come.
They will soon decide on a new city "brand."
Just like a product, the brand will help identify the city.
"When someone comes to visit you for the first time, what do you tell them about Ocala?," John Bosio of Merje, the company in charge of coming up with the designs told TV20.
Three options for designs were unveiled Monday.
Bosio's company has worked on projects in other cities like Miami Beach, Sarasota and downtown Tampa.
To come up with the designs, Bosio toured Ocala and conducted dozens of interviews.
"What is about this place that makes it special, that's kind of the main question," he said.
The first option is traditional, picking up from emblems in the current downtown.
The second was a more modern design involving colors and circles and the slogan "Find your place in Ocala."
The third also held a more modern feel and touched on the outdoors.
"Moving forward with Ocala, I think we might be able to market it a little bit better using the second one," said Bryce Peek of Ocala's Downtown Business Alliance.
The new design will fit in with the over-all "Vision 2035," a plan that paints how the city will look years from now.
Changes to the downtown are already in effect. But no matter which design wins, Bosio said that all three looks convey the same thing, the fact that Ocala is much more than just horses and a gazebo.
The designs will be shown to city council members Tuesday during a workshop.
City leaders will make a final decision by the end of the summer.
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower
- Fla. DCF Unveils New, Cheerful Logo, Website
- Downtown Ocala to get Makeover
- Veteran Gets Mortgage Free Home in Ocala
- Ocala Man has more time to get a Heart Transplant
- Ocala Gets A Little Brighter
- New Antiques Attraction in Ocala
- Teens Get Rowdy in New Walmart
- One Marion County School May Get A New Look
- City of Gainesville To Get New Traffic Signal Software