Rainy Weekend Leaves Damage
Published April 2nd, 2012
Nearly two inches of rain fell in Alachua County over the weekend, ruining many people's plans.
Draining and sewage issues in High Springs during the recent downpour resulted in at least a foot of flooding in some areas around 441.
Weekends like this highlight some long standing storm water drainage issues that residents say are becoming a bigger issue.
Mike Davis says the city used to regularly drop gravel around the curbs in his neighborhood to try and deal with the problem, but he hasn't seen them around recently.
The High Springs Economic and Development task force did release recommendations four years ago that included road paving to improve drainage over a five year period.
- Storm Damage in Marion County
- Volusia County Homes Damaged in Storm
- Strong Storms Sweep Through Marion County Causing Damage
- Tropical Storm Fay Causes Damage to Homes
- Storm Damage
- Local Storm Damage
- Storm Causes Major Damage
- Gainesville Residents Clean Up Damage From Severe Storms
- More Storm Damage Clean Up
- Cedar Key Storm Damage