Serial Rapist, Killer David Alan Gore Executed
"I am not the same man today that I was 28 years ago," wrote David Alan Gore in his last statement.
Gore, 58, was pronounced dead at 6:19 pm Thursday, after receiving an injection at the Florida State Prison.
Carl Elliott isn't moved by Gore's claims to have found his faith.
"Convenient to be a Christian when you're dying isn't it," he said.
Gore was executed for the 1983 murder of 17-year-old Lynn Elliott.
He also confessed to killing five other women and girls, including Nancy Byer's daughter Barbara Ann.
"I miss her," she said.
Gore said his cousin, Fred Waterfield was his partner throughout the killing spree, who's now serving two back-to-back life sentences.
Waterfield's daughter, Shauna Waterfield-Green, supports Gore's execution but says her father should be a free man.
"My father has maintained his innocence for the last 29 years, and we completely stand behind him and we support him and we hope that in the future we're able to prove that and bring that to light," she said.
However, Byer says Waterfield is as guilty as Gore.
"Even though he didn't do the killing, he did everything else," she said.
Gore abducted, raped, and tortured his victims.
A small crowd gathered outside the prison to protest Gore's execution.
"The point is to prevent these things from happening in the first place, and killing him is not going to protect anyone's family, or keep these things from happening to other people," said one protestor.
Elliott, who is now 81-years-old, says Gore had it easy compared to his daughter.
"It feels victorious almost, that I did make it, and saw him go," he said.
Gore was visited by his mother and ex-wife early in the day.
His last meal: fried chicken, french fries, a soda and butter pecan ice cream.
- Scott Signs Death Warrant for Serial Killer Gore
- Florida Killer Gore Set to Die by Lethal Injection
- Florida Justices Refuse to Stay Gore's Execution
- Florida Justices to Hear Serial Killer's Appeal
- Wife of Alleged Serial Rapist Files for Divorce
- Appeal denied for condemned Fla. killer Gore
- After Four Delays, Gore's Execution Scheduled For Tuesday
- Convicted Murderer Marshall Lee Gore Executed
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Gore Back On Schedule For Execution