Taxpayers Filing Taxes on Last Day
Tuesday's the final, a day procrastinators dread. The deadline to file your tax returns is at midnight. Workers from the United Way of North Central Florida worked extra hours to help out.
Officials assisted those who needed to file through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, VITA. They had more than 40 scheduled appointments but said they would do their best to assist the last minute walk-ins.
United Way officials are targeting those who earn less than $50,000 and staff say many low to moderate income workers often miss out gaining more money by not taking advantage of the earned income tax credit, which many may qualify for.
"If a person doesn't have any children, the maximum income they can have to qualify for is about $13,700. Otherwise if they have four or more children, they can make up to $50,000 and still qualify for the credit," David Sheppard,VITA Program Coordinator said.
The IRS has received 99 million tax returns according to the agency's latest filing stats, which is a 2 percent increase from last year.
- People rush to file last-minute tax returns
- Sales Tax Holiday's Last Day
- Last-Minute Tax Tips, Deadline: April 15th
- Last Minute Tax Help
- Last Minute Tax Tips
- Tax filing deadline quickly approaching
- City Rolls Out Park Improvements, With Taxpayer's Help
- Gator Nationals Last Day
- Bravo Trial Day 10: Last Text From Aguilar's Phone
- Last Day to Register to Vote