Teacher Allegedly Involved in Soliciting Minor For Sex
Another child sex sting operation has landed another teacher behind bars. Twenty five year old Andrew Noell of Ocala bonded out of the Alachua County Jail after he thought he was communicating with with a parent to arrange sex with a child. He was communicating though online with an undercover detective.
Andrew Noell is an employee of Marion County Public Schools.
"It is my understanding he works for the Marion County School Board and was a music teacher at Dunnellon Middle School," Sergeant Todd Kelly, Alachua County Sheriff's Office said.
Noell is accused of driving up from Dunnellon to Gainesville to meet a fourteen year old girl for sex, but instead he met the Alachua County Deputies.
"Our detectives were able to meet with him at an undisclosed location and take him into custody," Kelly said.
Deputies say they started communicating with him online around the end of March in a sex sting operation, "Don't Play in Clay."
"He thought he was conversing with a parent or guardian of a 14 year old female when in fact it was undercover detectives at the sheriff's office," Kelly said.
Marion County Public School Officials say the band teacher was highly liked by parents.
"In fact, speaking with the principal this morning she told he was an unbelievable band director and fantastic employee," Kevin Christian, Marion County Public Schools PIO said.
The school board had done a background check on Noell, and officials say he's never been arrested.
"Obviously passed those with no particular issue he was hired straight out of college," Christian said.
Officials are now reaching out to parents to find out if any other situations like this happened.
"We'll do our own investigation obviously some conversation will be had some of those students at this point we don't believe in any kind of inappropriate activity," Christian said.
Marion County School Board Officials are not recommending teachers should not be alone with any child.
Noell will be on paid administrative leave until the school board finishes its investigation.
- State Rep Sentenced for Solicitation of Sex
- Sworn Complaint Filed In Allegations Involving Alachua Mayor
- Men Wanted In Sex with a Minor Case
- Ocala Business Man Accused of Having Sex with Minors
- 35-Year-Old Ocala Woman Accused of Having Sex with Minor
- GHS Teacher Arrested For Alleged Sexual Relationship With Student
- Unicycle Teacher Behind Bars on Sex Charges
- School Teacher Arrested in Undercover Sex Sting
- Music Teacher Arrested in Child Sex Investigation
- Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With 15-Year-Old, Terminated From School