What Did They Witness? Still No Arrests in Hawthorne Murder
Deputies interviewed several witnesses a second time Thursday, but their search for a suspect in the murder of 23-year-old Calvin Thomas continues.
On Wednesday, Thomas was killed in front of the home at 7429 SE 225th Way in Hawthorne.
His body lay in the street, after being shot in the chest according to reports.
"Turn yourself in, and give them your side of the story," said Shawanna Williams, who lives around the corner from the scene of the crime.
Neighbors say Thomas got a call from his sister after she got into a fight with her boyfriend.
Thomas drove to the Hawthorne house to pick her up, and that's when things took a turn for the worse.
Neighbors say they heard five or six gun shots, and then people started running.
Deputies wouldn't release any names of potential suspects, but say there's still more witnesses who are being interviewed.
Thomas' former football coach at Eastside High School, Kent Johnson, remember's the victim's smile, and had just bumped into him a few weeks ago.
"The last conversation I had with him, he was like, yea coach, I got a little boy now, and he was just talking about trying to work and do things to better his life...he was trying to get himself together," he said.
- Still No Rest for the Prosecution or the Defense in the Hawthorne Murder Trial...
- Witness Testimony Begins in Devonte Ocasio Murder Trial
- 2003 Hawthorne Murder Trial Begins...
- Verdict in Hawthorne Murder Trial Could Be Just A Day Away...
- Not Guilty Verdict in the Hawthorne Murder Trial
- Suspected Murder in Hawthorne
- Pickax Murder Leaves Hawthorne in Shock
- Women Accused of Hawthorne Murder Plead Guilty
- Hawthorne Man Arrested in Connection to Human Trafficking Case
- Hawthorne Man Arrested for Armed Burglary